Graduate Online Writing Lab
Note: This is the Graduate Online Writing Lab (GrOWL), maintained by the Graduate Resource Center (GRC). Please only submit GRADUATE papers through this page. If you would like to submit papers for undergraduate courses, please visit the CAPS OWL.
The Graduate Resource Center (GRC) also offers individual appointments for discussing and receiving feedback on writing and research projects. Schedule appointments at Mesa Vista Hall, Suite 1057 or by phone at (505) 277-1407.
You may submit:
- Academic papers that are required for a UNM course or degree requirement
- Application writing such as résumés or cover letters
Submissions to the GrOWL must be 5,000 words or less. Tutors will help with structure, style, format, grammar, and thesis organization.
- You must be a registered UNM student to use this service.
- The GRC will accept submissions for the Fall semester between August 21st and December 6th at noon.
- Papers must be:
- Microsoft Word (.doc), Text (.txt), or Rich-Text (.rtf) format
- NOTE: GRC consultants will not proofread papers.
Under normal circumstances, your graduate paper of 5,000 words or less will be reviewed and returned to you within 72 hours (3 working days), Monday through Thursday. Please check the UNM Academic Calendar for holidays or special occasions that may delay the return of your work.