Online Writing Lab (OWL)
The Online Writing Lab (OWL) allows you to submit pieces of writing to a CAPS tutor for your undergraduate courses at UNM. You may submit academic papers that are required for a UNM course or degree requirement, as well as pieces of application writing, such as résumés or cover letters.
Note: This is the CAPS Online Writing Lab (OWL), intended for UNDERGRADUATE writing assignments. If you would like to submit papers for graduate courses, please visit the Graduate Online Writing Lab (GrOWL).
You may submit:
- Academic papers that are required for a UNM course or degree requirement
- Application writing such as résumés or cover letters
- Tutors will help with structure, style, format, grammar, and thesis organization.
- You must be a registered UNM student to use this service.
- CAPS will accept submissions for the Spring 2017 semester between Monday, January 23rd and Wednesday, May 3rd, 2017 at 12:00 noon.
Papers must be:
- Double Spaced
- Microsoft Word (.doc), Text (.txt), or Rich-Text (.rtf) format
Note: CAPS will not proofread papers.
How To Use UNM OWL
Under normal circumstances, your undergraduate paper will be reviewed and returned to you within 48 hours, Monday through Friday. That is, if you submit a paper on Friday afternoon, you can expect a response by the end of the day on Tuesday. Please check the CAPS Calendar for holidays or special occasions that may delay the return of your work. We accept submissions in English, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Greek, Navajo, Portuguese, and Russian.