Online Writing Lab (OWL)
The Online Writing Lab (OWL) allows you to submit pieces of writing to a CAPS tutor for your undergraduate courses at UNM. You may submit academic papers that are required for a UNM course or degree requirement, as well as pieces of application writing, such as résumés or cover letters.
Note: This is the CAPS Online Writing Lab (OWL), intended for UNDERGRADUATE writing assignments. If you would like to submit papers for graduate courses, please visit the Graduate Online Writing Lab (GrOWL).
You may submit:
- Academic papers that are required for a UNM course or degree requirement
- Application writing such as résumés or cover letters
- Tutors will help with structure, style, format, grammar, and thesis organization.
- You must be a registered UNM student to use this service.
- CAPS will accept submissions for the Fall 2018 semester between Monday, August 27th and Wednesday, December 2nd, 2018 at noon.
Papers must be:
- Double Spaced
- Microsoft Word (.doc), Text (.txt), or Rich-Text (.rtf) format
Typically, your undergraduate paper will be reviewed and returned to you within 24 hours. Please check the CAPS Calendar for holidays or special occasions that may delay the return of your work. We accept submissions in English, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Latin, Greek, Portuguese, and Russian.