Graduate Online Writing Lab
The Graduate Online Writing Lab (GrOWL) is managed by the Graduate Resource Center (GRC) and we ask that you only submit graduate papers through this page. If you would like to submit papers for undergraduate courses, please visit the CAPS Online Writing Lab (OWL).
The Graduate Resource Center (GRC) also offers individual appointments for discussing and receiving feedback on writing and research projects. Schedule appointments by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may submit:
- Academic papers that are required for a UNM course or degree requirement
- Application writing such as cover letters/personal statements and resumes/CVs
Submissions to the GrOWL must be 5,000 words or less. Tutors will help with structure, style, format, grammar, and thesis organization. GRC consultants will not proofread papers.
- You must be a registered UNM student to use this service.
- The GRC will accept submissions for the Spring Semester between January 19th and May 7th at noon.
- Papers must be in one of the following formats: Microsoft Word (.doc), Text (.txt), or Rich-Text (.rtf).
Under normal circumstances, your graduate paper of 5,000 words or less will be reviewed and returned to you within 72 hours (3 working days), Monday through Thursday. Please check the UNM Academic Calendar for holidays or special occasions that may delay the return of your work.
Notice for salud.unm.edu affiliates:
This form requires that you use your unm.edu NetID login (e.g. email@example.com) rather than your salud.unm.edu ID login. If you do not know your unm.edu NetID, please follow the steps outlined below.
- Call the UNM Helpdesk and explain that you need your NetID, and they will provide it after verification.
- Log into directory.unm.edu and search for yourself, or search your name in the UNM Outlook application.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any form questions or issues.