Online Writing Lab (OWL)
The Online Writing Lab (OWL) allows you to submit pieces of writing to a CAPS tutor for your undergraduate courses at UNM. You may submit academic papers that are required for a UNM course or degree requirement, as well as pieces of application writing, such as résumés or cover letters.
Note: This is the CAPS Online Writing Lab (OWL), intended for UNDERGRADUATE writing assignments. If you would like to submit papers for graduate courses, please visit the Graduate Online Writing Lab (GrOWL).
*Please be aware that due to higher than usual volume, OWLs are taking longer than usual to complete. We will try to respond to you as soon as we are able and apologize for any inconvenience.
You may submit:
- Academic papers that are required for a UNM course or degree requirement
- Application writing such as résumés or cover letters
- Tutors will help with structure, style, format, grammar, and thesis organization.
- You must be a registered UNM student to use this service.
Papers must be:
- Double Spaced
- Microsoft Word (.doc), Text (.txt), or Rich-Text (.rtf) format
Notice for salud.unm.edu affiliates:
This form requires that you use your unm.edu NetID login (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) rather than your salud.unm.edu ID login. If you do not know your unm.edu NetID, please follow the steps outlined below.
- Call the UNM Helpdesk and explain that you need your NetID, and they will provide it after verification.
- Log into directory.unm.edu and search for yourself, or search your name in the UNM Outlook application.
We strive to review and return your paper to you with feedback within 2-3 business days. However, our response time may be influenced by the volume of submissions we receive. Please check the CAPS Calendar for holidays or special occasions that may delay the return of your work. We accept submissions in English, Chinese, German, French, Navajo, and Russian.